- RSS Channel Showcase 6044813
- RSS Channel Showcase 7549306
- RSS Channel Showcase 7049964
- RSS Channel Showcase 5727127
Articles on this Page
- 02/14/13--12:13: _How not to celebrat...
- 02/14/13--16:43: _Love is in the Air
- 02/13/14--23:25: _VIDEO: Ethiopia ros...
- 02/14/14--00:48: _Why you'll become o...
- 02/13/14--23:46: _Valentine's Day mea...
- 02/13/14--22:46: _'Fourcade, the big ...
- 02/12/15--22:37: _François Hollande: ...
- 02/13/15--00:42: _Japanese group call...
- 02/13/15--03:44: _Valentine's Day: th...
- 02/11/16--22:31: _'Mister DIY'
- 02/14/14--13:36: _Video: Iraqis celeb...
- 02/14/16--07:17: _Iran, Indonesia ban...
- 02/14/16--03:02: _Forbidden Love
- 02/14/17--00:33: _Steven Mnuchin conf...
- 02/13/17--22:33: _Unrest continues in...
- 02/14/17--00:33: _'Missile crisis by ...
- 02/16/17--05:45: _Are the French the ...
- 02/14/18--11:56: _Zuma resigns... on ...
- 02/14/13--12:13: How not to celebrate Valentine's Day
- 02/14/13--16:43: Love is in the Air
- 02/13/14--23:25: VIDEO: Ethiopia rose farms in export overdrive for Valentine’s Day
- 02/14/14--00:48: Why you'll become obsessed with curling
- 02/13/14--23:46: Valentine's Day means business time
- 02/13/14--22:46: 'Fourcade, the big boss'
- 02/12/15--22:37: François Hollande: the diplomatic President
- 02/13/15--03:44: Valentine's Day: the most romantic spots in Paris
- 02/11/16--22:31: 'Mister DIY'
- 02/14/14--13:36: Video: Iraqis celebrate Valentine’s Day amid daily violence
- 02/14/16--07:17: Iran, Indonesia ban Valentine’s Day celebrations
- 02/14/16--03:02: Forbidden Love
- 02/14/17--00:33: Steven Mnuchin confirmed as US Treasury chief
- 02/13/17--22:33: Unrest continues in French suburbs: 'How can we put out the fire?'
- 02/14/17--00:33: 'Missile crisis by candle light'
- 02/16/17--05:45: Are the French the world's best lovers?
- 02/14/18--11:56: Zuma resigns... on Valentine's Day
What does François Hollande have planned for Valentine's Day? Also, where is it banned as a holiday? We also look at some couples who might make us happy to be single! Finally, Findus is still battling bad buzz over the horsemeat scandal.
We speak to some of the world's most adored stars to find out how they celebrate Valentine’s Day. Also on the programme, the Irish author Paul Murray talks about his boarding school comedy with a dark heart, "Skippy Dies" and France's favourite rock star, Johnny Hallyday, releases his memoirs.
It is seven in the morning and 300 workers are arriving at the Gallica rose farm, a vast complex on the outskirts of the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.
INTERNATIONAL PRESS – Fri. 14.02.14: International papers focus on the political upheaval in Italy, a prisoner release in Afghanistan that has upset the US and why you’ll become obsessed with curling!
Love is in the air - as are tempered expectations on the economy. France released better than expected growth figures for 2013, but concerns remain over the coming months. Though one area seeing a boom this February 14th is of course the floral industry, as couples celebrate Valentine’s Day.
FRENCH PRESS – Fri. 14/02/14: French papers celebrate Martin Fourcade’s second gold medal at the Sochi Olympic Games. Also making the headlines: "Sarkozy’s cop" to appear in court, temperatures rising in Sochi and love in the internet age.
FRENCH PAPERS - Fri. 13.02.15: French papers heave a sigh of relief after a deal was hammered out between Ukraine and Russia yesterday. French President François Hollande draws praise for his role in breaking a deal. Also, in honor of Valentine’s Day, 20 Minutes gives readers romance tips.
INTERNATIONAL PAPERS - Fri. 13.02.15: Papers across the world have mixed opinions over how hopeful to be about the peace deal that was hammered out between Ukraine and Russia. Also the US media continues to focus on the tragic shooting of three young Muslims in North Carolina. And a group in Japan calls for Valentine’s Day to be banished from the cultural calendar.
Join Eve Jackson as she wanders the streets of Paris in search of love on Valentine's day. Find out the latest about the release of the week, "50 Shades of Grey" before stopping off at the theatre for a spot of "Dirty Dancing".
FRENCH PAPERS - Fri. 12.02.16: French papers react to yesterday’s government reshuffle, the third of François Hollande’s presidency. Most French papers are not impressed and accuse the president of politicking ahead of the 2017 presidential elections.
At the end of a week marred by bombings and violence, residents of Iraqi capital Baghdad were upbeat about a Valentine’s Day that was a contrast to the endemic violence of the troubled country.
Iran and Indonesia have cracked down on Valentine’s Day celebrations, arguing that the commercial observance of February 14 promotes the spreading of “decadent” western culture.
Eight countries and eight love stories frowned upon by society due to politics, race or religion. “Forbidden Love” tells the stories of modern-day Romeos and Juliets.
Former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin has been confirmed as the new US Treasury Secretary. He's said tax cuts for businesses and rolling back the Dodd-Frank financial reforms are among his priorities in the role. Also today, we look at who makes money from Valentine's Day in France.
FRENCH PAPERS - Tues. 14.02.17: Violent protests continue in the suburbs of Paris following the alleged police rape of a 22-year-old black man earlier this month. Authorities fear the unrest could spread across the country. Also, the so-called "Penelopegate" scandal follows conservative presidential candidate François Fillon all the way to Reunion Island. Finally, we find out how the Japanese celebrate Valentine's Day.
INTERNATIONAL PAPERS - Tues. 14.02.17: The US president draws criticism for handling his first real national security scare out in the open. On Saturday night, Trump and his top aides coordinated their response to North Korea’s missile test in full view of diners at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. US papers also react to the resignation of Michael Flynn as Trump’s National Security Adviser. Finally, we look at Valentine's Day around the world.
Valentine’s Day was just a few days ago, a good opportunity to focus on love "à la française". What is it like to date a French person? Are the rules different? Do all French people really cheat on their partners? Flo asked some of the FRANCE 24 team about their own personal experiences to find out more.
This programme went to air shortly before Jacob Zuma resigned - we take a look at press and social media exasperation at "The Long Goodbye". Also, it's the first Valentine's Day since #MeToo - we look at some reactions.